Easy 8 Inch Square Patterns
These great 8 inch square patterns are perfect for your charitable donations.
They are easy and quick to work up. In no time at all you'll have astack of crochet squares to donate to your favorite charity (don't forget Knit-a-square.com).
Here we go with a few quick square patterns for you...
All squares (unless otherwise noted) are worked in a Worsted Weight yarn on a size J/10 6.00mm hook forming an 8" square.
Alternate Single Crochet Square
- Ch 31, sc in 2nd ch from hook, [ch-1, sk-1, sc in next st] across, turn (30sts - ch-1 counts as 1 stitch).
- Ch-2, [sc in ch-1 space, ch-1, sk-1,] to last st, sc in turning ch of previous row, turn.
- Repeat last row to 8". For 'Knit-a-square' leave 3 yard tail attached for sewing up.
Half Double Crochet Square
- Ch 27, hdc in 3rd ch from hook & each ch to end, turn (26sts).
- Ch-1 (counts as 1 hdc here and throughout), hdc in each st across, turn.
- Repeat last row to 8", break yarn, finish off.
Crochet Shell Square
- Ch 26, sc in 2nd ch from hook, [sk-2 chs, 5 dc in next st, sk 2 chs, sc in next ch] across, (4 shells & 5 sc across), turn.
- Ch-2, 2 dc in sc of previous row, sk-2 dc, sc in 3rd dc of shell, [sk-2 dc, 5 dc in sc of previous row, sk-2 dc, sc in 3rd dc of shell] to last 3sts, sk-2 dc, 3 dc in sc of previous row, turn.
- Ch-1, sc in first dc, sk-2 dc, 5 dc in sc of previous row, [sk-2 dc, sc in 3rd dc of shell, sk-2 dc, 5 dc in sc of previous row] to last 3sts sk-2 dc, sc in last st, turn.
- Repeat Rows 2 & 3 to 8", break yarn finish off.
Just a few squares to keep you interested!
Return to Free Crochet Square Patterns
Return to Homepage from 8 Inch Square Patterns