Crochet That Fits
A Book Review
Crochet that fits - shaped fashions without increases or decreases. How intriguing is that?
Yes - in case you hadn't heard, it's a crochet pattern book available right now. The author Mary Jane Hall has devised a way of making fitted designs without increasing or decreasing. How does she do it?
Well, you'll have to buy the book to find out! Just teasing! Actually, she incorporates very clever use of different hook sizes and stitch lengths to form the figure hugging designs.
Mary Jane starts by explaining some basic crochet info and goes on to introduce how these patterns work.
33 designs are featured in the book, some are variations on a theme - all are very wearable or useable.
The first 6 designs are all based on the theme of a basic capelet.
- Basic Capelet
- Short Skirt
- Turtleneck Capelet with arm warmers - kind of like my Polo Neckwarmer Pattern but longer
- Pom-Pom Poncho
- Toboggan Hat
- Hobo Bag - cute little tie-top bag
- Little Black Dress - featured on the cover
- Cap-sleeve Top - love this one
- Ballet Neck Sweater
- Shoulder Wrap with edging and flower
- Sweater Bag - quite sophisticated but simple to make in bulky yarn
- Striped Sleeveless Turtleneck Sweater - very cute!
- Slipper with rose
- Flared Tweed Hat with mittens
- Scarf with flared ends
- Scarf with ruffled ends
- Wavy fringed scarf
- Textured Headband 1
- Textured Headband 2
- Smooth Headband
- Hemp Choker - like it!
- Textured Belt
- Beret - nice!
- Baby Doll Top
- Little Girls Dress
- Long Flared Skirt - romantic & flirty
- Ruffled Shrug
- Lacy Tunic
- Houndstooth Check Felted Purse - neat!
- Houndstooth Check Scarf
- Wave Stitch Coin Purse
There are lots of small projects for you to practice on before you try working on that little black dress!
Instructions are included for adjusting the patterns for fit. None of the patterns are stiff and boxy, though they all are just basic rectangles, yet it's the stitch heights that do the shaping for you. Now isn't that ingenious!
Check out this great book now and see just how many perfectly fitted crochet projects you'd like to make!
Return to Crochet Book Reviews from Crochet That Fits
Return to Homepage